Wednesday, April 9, 2008

joke about a fat kid

Joke: Fat Kid Successfully Avoids Ridicule by Swimming with Shirt On


If you read what I wrote, the ways in which I discriminate are not discrimination at all. They're just ways in which an overly-sensitive fat person might perceive discrimination. If I made one group of people sit in small seats just to make them uncomfortable, I'd be a nasty person, but I don't do it to make them uncomfortable, I do it because all seats are the same size and they aren't big enough.
When I walk a fat person up the stairs he does more work because he has more weight. When they breathe harder it's because of the weight of their chests.
When I feed a fat person a meal, it's the same meal I give anyone else. The fat person just wants to eat more.
Being fat for most people is a choice. I have great sympathy for those disabled people who cannot do exercise and have weight problems. If I knew any people with genetic disorders that made them fat, I'd have some sympathy for them too. But I'm not going to go out of my way to accommodate something disruptive that's simply a choice someone else has made.
So by following your stupid logic that is the same logic every racist, (a better term would be) sadist uses, someone blind by choice (say five years ago the guy made a stupid mistake) should not be accommodated with the luxuries our technology/civilization can offer to make his life more comfortable.
People should be punished for what you disagree with more consequences than the consequences they are already paying for doing something "Wrong".
Yet I do not get a reason for those consequences other than simple sadism.
Every man carries two bags about with him, one in front and one behind, and both are packed full of faults. The bag in front contains his neighbors' faults, the one behind his own. Hence it is that men do not see their own faults, but never fail to see those of others
This is the point I'm making. The things I've listed are treating a fat person normally, but some people seem to think that I should give them the same end result rather than the same input (e.g. satiety when I give a meal, rather than the same amount of food).
If I must attempt to get the same end result for subjective things, or things affected by other people's subjective choices, then I am being far from fair.

No comments: